- Name: W32.Ransomlock.AP
- Discovered on: 4 April 2016
- Updated on: 30 August 2016, 10:51:56 PM
- Type: Worm
- Risk Level: High
- Also Known as: W32.Rasith
- Infection Length: 262,144 bytes
- Affected Systems: Computer having Windows operating system
Get More Knowledge on W32.Ransomlock.AP
W32.Ransomlock.AP is reported as a worm which locks the system's desktop and making the compromised machine unusable. Then after, it lock the PC screen and asks users to send the money to a specific email address in order to receive the unlock code. It is a severe computer worm which is spreading with a fast rate among the system worldwide. Generally, this threat affects the Window’s based laptops and systems and possibly arrives from the malicious links available on the social networking websites and via freeware downloads. Besides, W32.Ransomlock.AP virus runs in the computer's background and drop its harmful files. As a result, the infected PC will freeze at times, CPU will become dull and the computer will take much more time to execute or load any installed programs. However, paying the ransom money is not the solution, because it is only a scam to get money from the users. So, you need to follow the removal guide mentioned below in this article and you will get the best solution for W32.Ransomlock.AP threat complete removal.
Technical Details on W32.Ransomlock.AP
This worm may arrive on the compromised machine through the removable and network drives. When the malware is executed, it copies itself onto the following locations:
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\explorer.exe
- %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\msfold.exe
W32.Ransomlock.AP creates following malicious files on your PC:
- %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp\sajith_and_rasini.db
How Your System Got Infected with W32.Ransomlock.AP?
- Updating existing programs or apps from unverified redirected links.
- Freeware or shareware download from insecure websites.
- Through Peer-to-Peer file sharing, downloading rogue or pirated software, playing online games, and infected media devices.
- Visiting any hacked websites like pornographic and click on suspicious links such as torrents or pop-up ads.
System Related Issues Caused by W32.Ransomlock.AP
- Always bypass the system security tools through rootkit technique.
- It is infamous for inserting PC with lots of unknown infections.
- Inserts its malicious code into the executable files on the infected PC in order to execute automatically.
- The worm may throws fake security popups, alerts and security related warnings.
- Consumes all the available resources of the machine and making the performance dull.
- W32.Ransomlock.AP can steal your important data like IP address, browsing histories, login data and visited URLs.
How to Uninstall W32.Ransomlock.AP from Control Panel from Windows 10
- Click and Open Start Menu option
- Settings option is to be selected on the menu to show all the contents
- Click on System option
- On the system Menu, Click on Apps and features option
- Now Click on W32.Ransomlock.AP to remove it from PC.
How to Eliminate W32.Ransomlock.AP from Windows 8/8.1
Step 1: Press repeatedly F8 to boot PC in Safe Mode. Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Press ALT+Ctrl+Del to open Windows Task Manager. After that, search all the W32.Ransomlock.AP related processes and then click to “End Task”
Step 3: Type “regedit” in Run dialog box and open Windows Registry Editor. Search and delete all the corrupt registries added by W32.Ransomlock.AP infection.
Step 4: Go to Start and then click to open Control Panel.
After that, click Add/Remove Program
Uninstall W32.Ransomlock.AP associated programs from Windows 8/8.1
Uninstall W32.Ransomlock.AP From Window 7/vista
Tap on F8 Key to Enter Safe Mode
Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”
First of all close all running programs and open Task manager by pressing ALT + CTRL + DEL keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
Now Click on Processes menu and select all the processes associated with W32.Ransomlock.AP one by one then click on End Task.
Now go to the desktop, click on Start Menu on the left lower corner. Move to Control panel and use left mouse click over it.
The Control panel window will open, if are getting the view by Category find and click “Uninstall a program” below “Programs” group.
Now select W32.Ransomlock.AP within programs list and click on Uninstall.
Steps to Eliminate W32.Ransomlock.AP from Windows XP
Step 1: Restart PC in Safe Mode by continuously pressing F8 button. After that, select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del together. After that, find and select all the W32.Ransomlock.AP associated processes and then click to “End Task” button.
Step 3: Open Run dialog box and then enter “regedit.exe” to open Windows Registry. Search and then delete all the corrupt and infectious registries added by W32.Ransomlock.AP.
Step 4: Click Start button and then go to Control Panel, click to open Windows Add/Remove Program. Search all the W32.Ransomlock.AP related programs and then uninstall it from Windows XP.
How to Uninstall W32.Ransomlock.AP From Your Infected Browser
A. Guidelines to Remove W32.Ransomlock.AP From Microsoft Edge Browser
How to Reset Default Search Engine to Uninstall W32.Ransomlock.AP
Select Settings after selecting More (…) on the address bar
Click and select on View advanced settings option
In order to input the search engine, Click on <Add new> under option”Search in the address bar with”
Select Search engine and adds as default by clicking on Add as default option.
How to Reset Default Homepage on Microsoft Edge to Uninstall W32.Ransomlock.AP
- Select More (…) option on the address bar followed by settings
- Select specific page or pages under Open with option
- After selecting the Custom option, enter the URL of the homepage you wish to set as
B. How to Delete W32.Ransomlock.AP from Google Chrome
Click to Open Google Chrome and then click on menu icon which is on the top right corner and then select Tools → Extensions
Select all the malicious extensions including W32.Ransomlock.AP and then select trash icon
Again click on menu icon and select Settings and then click to Manage Search Engines under the Search section
In Search Engines, remove all the infectious search sites and set Google Chrome as Default Browser
C. How to Uninstall W32.Ransomlock.AP From Mozilla Firefox
Launch Mozilla Firefox and find and click “Firefox” button on the top left corner on the screen.
A drop down box will appear, navigate to Add-ons option and click on it.
In the next window select and click on “Extensions” in left pane.
Find W32.Ransomlock.AP add-on and click on the center area to see the border exactly and click on Disable button.
Wait a moment and let the add-on get disabled.
Now click the “Remove” button, later on uninstall the add-on Mozilla will ask you to restart the browser.
D. How to Remove W32.Ransomlock.AP From Internet Explorer
First of all Launch Internet explorer by clicking the Task-bar Icon on desktop.
Now Click on Tool Menu on web browser interface.
Select and click on Manage add-ons in the drop down box.
A View and manage your Internet Explorer Add-ons window will open, now click on “Toolbar and Extensions” option in left pane.
A list of all installed ad-ons will appear, select W32.Ransomlock.AP and click on “Disable” button and Reset IE