My default search engine has been changed to urban-search.com. I thought, it is real site, so I entered a search query. I was shocked to see floods of error messages and warning alerts on the screen. It opened lots of new tabs in the browser which was providing download links of several softwares. I tried to open some other sites but my browser automatically got redirected to malignant pages. I am extremely frustrated with the abnormal behavior of my system. Can you please help me to remove urban-search.com completely? All the suggestions will be highly appreciated.
urban-search.com is a low quality search engine which pretends to be a legitimate site. It does not require any permission from the administrator to invade in the system. It gets installed as an extension in all the browsers which IE, Opera, Safari, Chrome, Firefox etc. urban-search.com have capability to perform changes in the homepage settings and misleads the users. It provides a search bar and convince the users to use it for searching purpose. You must know that it is created by the third party hackers and their main motive is to drive traffic. It will display completely different search results which will never match with your search query. It annoys the users by generating unstoppable pop ups, advertisements, banner ads, contextual links, in-text links and many more. It also uses malignant tactics and tries to trap the users in its scam by showing attractive alerts. In reality, it will bring more hazardous threats in your PC when you will proceed to install the free programs. urban-search.com is only used by the hackers for advertising purpose. So, try to remove it immediately from the system.
In the presence of urban-search.com, you will not be able to visit any legitimate or even the bookmarked sites. It carries ability to perform unwanted changes in the default settings settings of the system without the users consent. Besides this, it is created in such a way which can keep its eyes on the online session of the users and tries to collect all the credential informations. It is a high security risk for your personal informations such as bank account number, credit card information, passwords etc. It will become difficult to open a file on time due to extremely sluggish speed of all the functions of the system. It may also modify the registry entries with suspicious codes or payloads. System crashing will become a regular issue and sometimes, it will reboot itself which is completely annoying during important works. So what are you waiting for, if you want to prevent your system from further troubles then remove urban-search.com as early as possible from the system.
How urban-search.com Infiltrate Your PC
The chance of having urban-search.com infection on your computer increases due to unsafe surfing options. It infects all files, changes system and browser settings in minutes to begin its nettlesome activity. Generally it infiltrate user system to assemble of informative details and make income. It utilize different sorts of techniques to any how penetrate inside Windows system. Some of most common ways are discussed below.
- Piggybacked Software Installation: urban-search.com mostly utilize free application (game, free security application, games, video etc) program to lurk its malicious code zip files.
- Accepting Without Reading: Many times it happens that while browsing Internet usually window or advertisement trigger update is required, or this plug-ins required to be installed in system. Without fully reading just accept the prompt make your PC vulnerable to threat attack.
- Opening E-mail Attachment: PC can get infected with urban-search.com when use to read or download attachment which contain malicious code. Be caution before opening any attachment which is send from unknown names.
- Not Running Latest Updates: If you are not running latest security updates in your system it makes your system vulnerable.
- Clicking on Pop-up Window: Many of times when use t browse shopping website, have experience that affiliate pop-up or links always use to promote in different place of display web pages. If unintentionally or intentionally user click on such links automatically paves way for spyware to get install in system.
- Browser Add-ons: Piece of software which usually distribute which add for enhancement for browser, like additional toolbar, search box leads to paves way for malware threat to get in your system and browser and arise more of different problems.
Aftermath of urban-search.com on PC
You can detect the presence of urban-search.com in the system by its weird behavior. Once gets installed, you will not be able to complete your normal task. It is designed in such a way which can hijack the PC by performing changes in the default privacy or security settings. Some of the common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Misguides the surfing session of the users to unreliable sites for increasing their network traffic.
- Installs its own extension in the Google Chrome, plug-ins in Internet Explorer, add-ons in the Mozilla Firefox.
- urban-search.com carries ability to gain the credential data of the users related to bank account, passwords etc.
- Conducts alterations in browser settings, search engine, DNS configurations, Host file system etc.
- Damage the registry entries of the compromised PC.
- Downloads dangerous potential stuffs in bundles if you download any free software without reading its EULA (End User License Agreement).
- Floods the screen by showing unwanted pop ups, advertisements, commercial ads etc.
- Presence of urban-search.com will slow down the running speed of various functions of the PC including Internet connection.
- Records the surfing history, cookies, Geo-location of the compromised PC and send them to the third parties.
How to Uninstall urban-search.com from Control Panel from Windows 10
- Click and Open Start Menu option
- Settings option is to be selected on the menu to show all the contents
- Click on System option
- On the system Menu, Click on Apps and features option
- Now Click on urban-search.com to remove it from PC.
How to Eliminate urban-search.com from Windows 8/8.1
Step 1: Press repeatedly F8 to boot PC in Safe Mode. Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Press ALT+Ctrl+Del to open Windows Task Manager. After that, search all the urban-search.com related processes and then click to “End Task”
Step 3: Type “regedit” in Run dialog box and open Windows Registry Editor. Search and delete all the corrupt registries added by urban-search.com infection.
Step 4: Go to Start and then click to open Control Panel.
After that, click Add/Remove Program
Uninstall urban-search.com associated programs from Windows 8/8.1
Uninstall urban-search.com From Window 7/vista
Tap on F8 Key to Enter Safe Mode
Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”
First of all close all running programs and open Task manager by pressing ALT + CTRL + DEL keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
Now Click on Processes menu and select all the processes associated with urban-search.com one by one then click on End Task.
Now go to the desktop, click on Start Menu on the left lower corner. Move to Control panel and use left mouse click over it.
The Control panel window will open, if are getting the view by Category find and click “Uninstall a program” below “Programs” group.
Now select urban-search.com within programs list and click on Uninstall.
Steps to Eliminate urban-search.com from Windows XP
Step 1: Restart PC in Safe Mode by continuously pressing F8 button. After that, select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del together. After that, find and select all the urban-search.com associated processes and then click to “End Task” button.
Step 3: Open Run dialog box and then enter “regedit.exe” to open Windows Registry. Search and then delete all the corrupt and infectious registries added by urban-search.com.
Step 4: Click Start button and then go to Control Panel, click to open Windows Add/Remove Program. Search all the urban-search.com related programs and then uninstall it from Windows XP.
How to Uninstall urban-search.com From Your Infected Browser
A. Guidelines to Remove urban-search.com From Microsoft Edge Browser
How to Reset Default Search Engine to Uninstall urban-search.com
Select Settings after selecting More (…) on the address bar
Click and select on View advanced settings option
In order to input the search engine, Click on <Add new> under option”Search in the address bar with”
Select Search engine and adds as default by clicking on Add as default option.
How to Reset Default Homepage on Microsoft Edge to Uninstall urban-search.com
- Select More (…) option on the address bar followed by settings
- Select specific page or pages under Open with option
- After selecting the Custom option, enter the URL of the homepage you wish to set as
B. How to Delete urban-search.com from Google Chrome
Click to Open Google Chrome and then click on menu icon which is on the top right corner and then select Tools → Extensions
Select all the malicious extensions including urban-search.com and then select trash icon
Again click on menu icon and select Settings and then click to Manage Search Engines under the Search section
In Search Engines, remove all the infectious search sites and set Google Chrome as Default Browser
C. How to Uninstall urban-search.com From Mozilla Firefox
Launch Mozilla Firefox and find and click “Firefox” button on the top left corner on the screen.
A drop down box will appear, navigate to Add-ons option and click on it.
In the next window select and click on “Extensions” in left pane.
Find urban-search.com add-on and click on the center area to see the border exactly and click on Disable button.
Wait a moment and let the add-on get disabled.
Now click the “Remove” button, later on uninstall the add-on Mozilla will ask you to restart the browser.
D. How to Remove urban-search.com From Internet Explorer
First of all Launch Internet explorer by clicking the Task-bar Icon on desktop.
Now Click on Tool Menu on web browser interface.
Select and click on Manage add-ons in the drop down box.
A View and manage your Internet Explorer Add-ons window will open, now click on “Toolbar and Extensions” option in left pane.
A list of all installed ad-ons will appear, select urban-search.com and click on “Disable” button and Reset IE
Guidelines to Remove urban-search.com with Automatic Removal Tool
urban-search.com Removal Tool is one of the best-selling software available in the market and provides full protection to your PC against urban-search.com. The tool is certified by the West Coast Lab’s Checkmark Certification System. It is designed with latest technology and helps you to remove urban-search.com along with all its related files from the infected PC. The tool uses powerful scanning algorithm so as to detect and delete urban-search.com. The Automatic Removal Tool offers you 2 way protection. As, software update its database regularly and provide complete protection to your system. Also, it is capable enough to identify and delete even the newly designed threats. It offers you 24X7 tech-support for free so that whenever required you can take help of the computer experts.
Automatic removal tool comes up with unique features like System guard, Network Sentry and Scan Scheduler. It also offers you to download the demo version for free. The tool is easy to use and provides you graphical user interface. Thus, what are you waiting for simply use an automatic removal tool and remove urban-search.com from your Windows PC in just few simple clicks. It is compatible with all the earlier and latest version of Windows operating system.
Automatic urban-search.com Removal Tool: Let’s Get Started
Step 1: First of all download and install the Automatic urban-search.com Removal Tool. Click on ‘Scan Computer’ now button to detect urban-search.com and all other threats that are present in your PC.
Step 2: Custom Scan – It help you to scan particular section such as memory files, cookies, registry entries, rootkit scan and system memory.
Step 3: System Guard – It block the malicious entry and other executable processes performed by the threats. It also protect the Process control, Registry section and Active X control.
Step 4: HelpDesk – It is an unique feature comes with an automatic urban-search.com removal tool. It provides you tech support like Custom Fix System and Support Ticket System, so that if required you can direct chat with the virus removal experts.
Step 5: Network Sentry- It provides protection to your system network and won’t allow unauthorized modification. It protect the DNS settings and HOST file.
Step 6: Scan Scheduler – This feature helps to scan the PC even if you are not present. In simple words, you can set a time on daily, weekly or monthly basic and your system automatically scan at the pre-set time.