I have detected Search Shield extension in my web browser. When I start my online session, it redirects my surfing to an unknown site which looks like a search engine. Initially, I thought that it is real but it displayed different results and generated unstoppable pop ups and advertisements on the screen. I am getting warning alerts at the time of visiting some of the legitimate sites. Why am I unable to uninstall Search Shield extension from the browser? Why it keeps redirecting my search results? How can I protect my PC from its worst impacts? All the suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Search Shield is a ad-supported extension which is compatible with all the web browsers including Google Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari etc. It does not require the users permission to invade in the system and tries to hijack the PC. Search Shield carries ability to mislead the surfing session of the users to the unreliable sites of the third parties. This site may seems like a search engine site which will provide a search bar for the users. You need to know that it has been created by the cyber crooks for advertising purpose. During your web session, it will generate various types of unstoppable pop ups and advertisements on the screen. It uses malignant tricks and tactics on the users to install new application softwares. Beware while clicking on the install button because it provides infected links which is not safe for the system performance. Therefore, it is essential for the users to uninstall Search Shield immediately after detection.
When you will proceed to install software from the links of Search Shield without reading the EULA then it is possible that lots of malicious threats will also invade in the PC secretly. To avoid such troubles, users are advised to opt advanced or custom installation. If you detect any option which will ask you to install additional programs then uncheck it immediately. These suspicious programs can affect the system performance severely in which normal working is quite difficult. In fact, you will not be able to open your favorite or legitimate sites. It carries ability to perform unwanted changes in the system settings such as DNS configurations, file system, DLL files, homepage settings, privacy settings etc. Besides this, it have capability to keep its eyes on your online habits secretly. It aims to collect all the sensitive informations which users will enter while making any online transactions. This, it is not safe for your personal identity also. So, what are you waiting for, if you want to prevent your system from the aforesaid troubles then remove Search Shield permanently without making any delay.
How Search Shield Infiltrate Your PC
The chance of having Search Shield infection on your computer increases due to unsafe surfing options. It infects all files, changes system and browser settings in minutes to begin its nettlesome activity. Generally it infiltrate user system to assemble of informative details and make income. It utilize different sorts of techniques to any how penetrate inside Windows system. Some of most common ways are discussed below.
- Piggybacked Software Installation: Search Shield mostly utilize free application (game, free security application, games, video etc) program to lurk its malicious code zip files.
- Accepting Without Reading: Many times it happens that while browsing Internet usually window or advertisement trigger update is required, or this plug-ins required to be installed in system. Without fully reading just accept the prompt make your PC vulnerable to threat attack.
- Opening E-mail Attachment: PC can get infected with Search Shield when use to read or download attachment which contain malicious code. Be caution before opening any attachment which is send from unknown names.
- Not Running Latest Updates: If you are not running latest security updates in your system it makes your system vulnerable.
- Clicking on Pop-up Window: Many of times when use t browse shopping website, have experience that affiliate pop-up or links always use to promote in different place of display web pages. If unintentionally or intentionally user click on such links automatically paves way for spyware to get install in system.
- Browser Add-ons: Piece of software which usually distribute which add for enhancement for browser, like additional toolbar, search box leads to paves way for malware threat to get in your system and browser and arise more of different problems.
Aftermath of Search Shield on PC
You can detect the presence of Search Shield in the system by its weird behavior. Once gets installed, you will not be able to complete your normal task. It is designed in such a way which can hijack the PC by performing changes in the default privacy or security settings. Some of the common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Misguides the surfing session of the users to unreliable sites for increasing their network traffic.
- Installs its own extension in the Google Chrome, plug-ins in Internet Explorer, add-ons in the Mozilla Firefox.
- Search Shield carries ability to gain the credential data of the users related to bank account, passwords etc.
- Conducts alterations in browser settings, search engine, DNS configurations, Host file system etc.
- Damage the registry entries of the compromised PC.
- Downloads dangerous potential stuffs in bundles if you download any free software without reading its EULA (End User License Agreement).
- Floods the screen by showing unwanted pop ups, advertisements, commercial ads etc.
- Presence of Search Shield will slow down the running speed of various functions of the PC including Internet connection.
- Records the surfing history, cookies, Geo-location of the compromised PC and send them to the third parties.
How to Uninstall Search Shield from Control Panel from Windows 10
- Click and Open Start Menu option
- Settings option is to be selected on the menu to show all the contents
- Click on System option
- On the system Menu, Click on Apps and features option
- Now Click on Search Shield to remove it from PC.
How to Eliminate Search Shield from Windows 8/8.1
Step 1: Press repeatedly F8 to boot PC in Safe Mode. Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Press ALT+Ctrl+Del to open Windows Task Manager. After that, search all the Search Shield related processes and then click to “End Task”
Step 3: Type “regedit” in Run dialog box and open Windows Registry Editor. Search and delete all the corrupt registries added by Search Shield infection.
Step 4: Go to Start and then click to open Control Panel.
After that, click Add/Remove Program
Uninstall Search Shield associated programs from Windows 8/8.1
Uninstall Search Shield From Window 7/vista
Tap on F8 Key to Enter Safe Mode
Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”
First of all close all running programs and open Task manager by pressing ALT + CTRL + DEL keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
Now Click on Processes menu and select all the processes associated with Search Shield one by one then click on End Task.
Now go to the desktop, click on Start Menu on the left lower corner. Move to Control panel and use left mouse click over it.
The Control panel window will open, if are getting the view by Category find and click “Uninstall a program” below “Programs” group.
Now select Search Shield within programs list and click on Uninstall.
Steps to Eliminate Search Shield from Windows XP
Step 1: Restart PC in Safe Mode by continuously pressing F8 button. After that, select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del together. After that, find and select all the Search Shield associated processes and then click to “End Task” button.
Step 3: Open Run dialog box and then enter “regedit.exe” to open Windows Registry. Search and then delete all the corrupt and infectious registries added by Search Shield.
Step 4: Click Start button and then go to Control Panel, click to open Windows Add/Remove Program. Search all the Search Shield related programs and then uninstall it from Windows XP.
How to Uninstall Search Shield From Your Infected Browser
A. Guidelines to Remove Search Shield From Microsoft Edge Browser
How to Reset Default Search Engine to Uninstall Search Shield
Select Settings after selecting More (…) on the address bar
Click and select on View advanced settings option
In order to input the search engine, Click on <Add new> under option”Search in the address bar with”
Select Search engine and adds as default by clicking on Add as default option.
How to Reset Default Homepage on Microsoft Edge to Uninstall Search Shield
- Select More (…) option on the address bar followed by settings
- Select specific page or pages under Open with option
- After selecting the Custom option, enter the URL of the homepage you wish to set as
B. How to Delete Search Shield from Google Chrome
Click to Open Google Chrome and then click on menu icon which is on the top right corner and then select Tools → Extensions
Select all the malicious extensions including Search Shield and then select trash icon
Again click on menu icon and select Settings and then click to Manage Search Engines under the Search section
In Search Engines, remove all the infectious search sites and set Google Chrome as Default Browser
C. How to Uninstall Search Shield From Mozilla Firefox
Launch Mozilla Firefox and find and click “Firefox” button on the top left corner on the screen.
A drop down box will appear, navigate to Add-ons option and click on it.
In the next window select and click on “Extensions” in left pane.
Find Search Shield add-on and click on the center area to see the border exactly and click on Disable button.
Wait a moment and let the add-on get disabled.
Now click the “Remove” button, later on uninstall the add-on Mozilla will ask you to restart the browser.
D. How to Remove Search Shield From Internet Explorer
First of all Launch Internet explorer by clicking the Task-bar Icon on desktop.
Now Click on Tool Menu on web browser interface.
Select and click on Manage add-ons in the drop down box.
A View and manage your Internet Explorer Add-ons window will open, now click on “Toolbar and Extensions” option in left pane.
A list of all installed ad-ons will appear, select Search Shield and click on “Disable” button and Reset IE
Guidelines to Remove Search Shield with Automatic Removal Tool
Search Shield Removal Tool is one of the best-selling software available in the market and provides full protection to your PC against Search Shield. The tool is certified by the West Coast Lab’s Checkmark Certification System. It is designed with latest technology and helps you to remove Search Shield along with all its related files from the infected PC. The tool uses powerful scanning algorithm so as to detect and delete Search Shield. The Automatic Removal Tool offers you 2 way protection. As, software update its database regularly and provide complete protection to your system. Also, it is capable enough to identify and delete even the newly designed threats. It offers you 24X7 tech-support for free so that whenever required you can take help of the computer experts.
Automatic removal tool comes up with unique features like System guard, Network Sentry and Scan Scheduler. It also offers you to download the demo version for free. The tool is easy to use and provides you graphical user interface. Thus, what are you waiting for simply use an automatic removal tool and remove Search Shield from your Windows PC in just few simple clicks. It is compatible with all the earlier and latest version of Windows operating system.
Automatic Search Shield Removal Tool: Let’s Get Started
Step 1: First of all download and install the Automatic Search Shield Removal Tool. Click on ‘Scan Computer’ now button to detect Search Shield and all other threats that are present in your PC.
Step 2: Custom Scan – It help you to scan particular section such as memory files, cookies, registry entries, rootkit scan and system memory.
Step 3: System Guard – It block the malicious entry and other executable processes performed by the threats. It also protect the Process control, Registry section and Active X control.
Step 4: HelpDesk – It is an unique feature comes with an automatic Search Shield removal tool. It provides you tech support like Custom Fix System and Support Ticket System, so that if required you can direct chat with the virus removal experts.
Step 5: Network Sentry- It provides protection to your system network and won’t allow unauthorized modification. It protect the DNS settings and HOST file.
Step 6: Scan Scheduler – This feature helps to scan the PC even if you are not present. In simple words, you can set a time on daily, weekly or monthly basic and your system automatically scan at the pre-set time.