Delete Genius Search Completely
These browsers are also infected by Genius Search
|Mozilla Versions||Mozilla Firefox:45.0.1, Mozilla Firefox:38, Mozilla Firefox:42, Mozilla Firefox:43.0.2, Mozilla:51.0.1, Mozilla Firefox:38.1.0, Mozilla:50.0.1, Mozilla:45.7.0, Mozilla Firefox:39.0.3, Mozilla:41, Mozilla Firefox:41.0.2|
|Chrome Versions||Chrome 51.0.2704, Chrome 52.0.2743, Chrome 57.0.2987, Chrome 50.0.2661, Chrome 58.0.3026.0, Chrome 58.0, Chrome 54.0.2840, Chrome 49.0.2623, Chrome 55.0.2883, Chrome 56.0.2924|
|Internet Explorer Versions||Internet Explorer 7-7.00.5730.1300, Internet Explorer 8-8.00.6001.18372, Internet Explorer 8-8.00.6001.18241, IE 10:10.0.8400.00000, IE 7:7.00.6001.1800, Internet Explorer 8-8.00.7600.16385, Internet Explorer 10-10.0.8400.00000, IE 7:7.00.6000.16386, Internet Explorer 9-9.0.8112.16421, IE 10:10.0.9200.16384, Internet Explorer 8-8.00.6001.17184, IE 7:7.00.6000.16441|
Simple Steps To Uninstall Genius Search from Operating System Assistance For
An Overview about Genius Search
An Overview about Genius Search
Genius Search is a nasty malware that is injected through the tricky ways inside Operating System. Such malware is developed for the purpose of making money by terrifying those users who don’t have any idea about it. After residing inside Operating System Genius Search gradually targets the all the popular web browsers and alters their homepage, default search engine and new tab URL. Users begins to get redirected towards the undesired web page incessantly. In addition to this, it drops lots of ads and pop ups on infected browsers which always leads towards the malicious domain on getting clicked. Users have to come across the various unexpected kind of difficulties at the time of web surfing. Moreover it also encrypts the important files because of which a strong blockage gets elevated for users in accessing them. Later users are made acquainted with the encryption event via ransom note which states that their files have encrypted and now for getting those back, they will have to pay the demanded amount to purchase decryption key to unlock their files. More analysis about Genius Search has revealed that it is capable of infecting all version of Windows 8 and also it weakens the security mechanism of the host Operating System.
How Genius Search perforated inside Operating System
Genius Search are injected inside Operating System through the misleading techniques. Most often its developers select the spam email. They put the infectious attachments with it and when it is received by users they make click on it in normal way considering it as some urgent message. Apart from it, the installation of cost free application from freeware packages also leads to the intrusion of Genius Search inside Operating System. Share of files online and visit on shady websites may be treated as one of the reason.
What are the vicious impact of Genius Search
- Genius Search infects the web browsers and modify settings associated with their homepage, default search engine and new tab URL.
- Further it inserts various kind of irrelevant ads and pop ups which causes troubles in web surfing to them.
- Moreover it encrypts the files and makes them inaccessible for users.
- Later users are asked to pay ransom amount in Bitcoins to have the decryption key.
Conclusion for Genius Search
Genius Search should be removed Assistance For from Operating System as it may turn user’s Operating System completely worthless. Users are advised to have the immediate initiative for its Removal by following the given removal methods given in this content.
- Method 1 : Reboot Operating System in Safe Mode with Networking For Genius Search Removal
- Method 2 : Simple Steps To Uninstall Genius Search From Control Panel
- Method 3 : Uninstall Genius Search From Windows Task Manager
- Method 4 : Uninstall Genius Search Related Malicious Registry Entries
- Method 5 : Simple Steps To Uninstall Genius Search From Your Infected Browser
Simple Steps To Start Windows XP/Vista/7 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Restart Operating System in Safe Mode by continuously pressing F8 button.
- An Advanced option menu will appear in your screen
- After that, select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Simple Steps To Start Windows 8/10 in Safe Mode with Networking
- Open PC and go to Settings option
- Choose Troubleshoot option
- Now, go to Advanced options
- Select Startup Settings
- Choose Restart option.
- At last, select 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Uninstall Genius Search From Window 10
- Click and Open Start Menu option
- Settings option is to be selected on the menu to show all the contents
- Click on System option
- On the system Menu, Click on Apps and features option
- Now Click on Genius Search to Uninstall it from Operating System.
Uninstall Genius Search From Window 8/8.1
- Go to Start and then click to open Control Panel.
- After that, click Add/Remove Program
- Uninstall Genius Search associated programs from Windows 8/8.1
Uninstall Genius Search From Window 7/vista
Now go to the desktop, click on Start Menu on the left lower corner. Move to Control panel and use left mouse click over it.
The Control panel window will open, if are getting the view by Category find and click “Uninstall a program” below “Programs” group.
Now select Genius Search within programs list and click on Uninstall.
- First of all close all running programs and open Task manager by pressing ALT + CTRL + DEL keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Now Click on Processes menu and select all the processes associated with Genius Search one by one then click on End Task.
- Open Run dialog box by pressing “Win+R” keys together.
- Enter “regedit” to open Windows Registry.
- Search and then Uninstall all the corrupt and infectious registries added by Genius Search.
A. Simple Steps To Uninstall Genius Search From Microsoft Edge Browser
Simple Steps To Reset Default Search Engine to Uninstall Genius Search
- Select Settings after selecting More (…) on the address bar
- Click and select on View advanced settings option
- In order to input the search engine, Click on <Add new> under option”Search in the address bar with”
- Select Search engine and adds as default by clicking on Add as default option.
Simple Steps To Reset Default Homepage on Microsoft Edge to Uninstall Genius Search
- Select More (…) option on the address bar followed by settings
- Select specific page or pages under Open with option
- After selecting the Custom option, enter the URL of the homepage you wish to set as
B. Simple Steps To Uninstall Genius Search from Chrome 56.0.2924
- Click to Open Chrome 56.0.2924 and then click on menu icon which is on the top right corner and then select Tools → Extensions
- Select all the malicious extensions including Genius Search and then select trash icon
- Again click on menu icon and select Settings and then click to Manage Search Engines under the Search section
- In Search Engines, Uninstall all the infectious search sites and set Google Chrome as Default Browser
C. Simple Steps To Uninstall Genius Search From Mozilla:39.0.3
- Launch Mozilla:39.0.3 and find and click “Firefox” button on the top left corner on the screen.
- A drop down box will appear, navigate to Add-ons option and click on it.
- In the next window select and click on “Extensions” in left pane.
- Find Genius Search add-on and click on the center area to see the border exactly and click on Disable button.
Wait a moment and let the add-on get disabled.
- Now click the “Remove” button, later on uninstall the add-on Mozilla will ask you to restart the browser.
D. Simple Steps To Uninstall Genius Search From IE 8:8.00.6001.17184
- First of all Launch IE 8:8.00.6001.17184 by clicking the Task-bar Icon on desktop.
- Now Click on Tool Menu on web browser interface.
- Select and click on Manage add-ons in the drop down box.
- A View and manage your IE 8:8.00.6001.17184 Add-ons window will open, now click on “Toolbar and Extensions” option in left pane.
- A list of all installed ad-ons will appear, select Genius Search and click on “Disable” button and Reset IE