“www.onclicktop.com has replaced my default search engine on homepage. I couldn't get success to remove www.onclicktop.com from homepage of my web browser. Few days ago I had downloaded and installed some freeware on my computer. When I start my machine next day I found www.onclicktop.com as my default homepage. To remove www.onclicktop.com from my web browser I take several steps like deleting it from default homepage, deletion of browsing history, resetting of web browser but it wouldn't go. Now what can I do to get rid of www.onclicktop.com?”
www.onclicktop.com is a browser hijacker program which is seek of producing advertisements on targeted computer. The user of the infected computer will see lot of targeted adverts of wide range such as jobs, housing, finance, sales, etc. Due to the malicious infection you can experience some physical and operational changes in your web browsers such as Mozilla FF, Chrome, IE, Opera etc. You may see a a new homepage on the startup of your web browser instead of your default homepage or search engine. While online operations you will face regular display of several online advertisements which covers all most portion of your browsed web pages.
On the other side, the malicious activities of www.onclicktop.com which runs in background of computer system occupied all the hardware sources and keep CPU extremely busy. In this way your system perform very sluggish for your objectives moreover it also lead your system to corruption. It allows several other associated malicious programs or rough software to make the computer more unsafe and unstable. Browsing Internet services like online banking, shopping, booking of e-tickets, etc is very unsafe because the PUP is designed to steal confidential information and export the same to cyber criminals for further process. So you are suggested to remove www.onclicktop.com as soon as possible from your Windows computer.
How www.onclicktop.com Infiltrate Your PC
The chance of having www.onclicktop.com infection on your computer increases due to unsafe surfing options. It infects all files, changes system and browser settings in minutes to begin its nettlesome activity. Generally it infiltrate user system to assemble of informative details and make income. It utilize different sorts of techniques to any how penetrate inside Windows system. Some of most common ways are discussed below.
- Piggybacked Software Installation: www.onclicktop.com mostly utilize free application (game, free security application, games, video etc) program to lurk its malicious code zip files.
- Accepting Without Reading: Many times it happens that while browsing Internet usually window or advertisement trigger update is required, or this plug-ins required to be installed in system. Without fully reading just accept the prompt make your PC vulnerable to threat attack.
- Opening E-mail Attachment: PC can get infected with www.onclicktop.com when use to read or download attachment which contain malicious code. Be caution before opening any attachment which is send from unknown names.
- Not Running Latest Updates: If you are not running latest security updates in your system it makes your system vulnerable.
- Clicking on Pop-up Window: Many of times when use t browse shopping website, have experience that affiliate pop-up or links always use to promote in different place of display web pages. If unintentionally or intentionally user click on such links automatically paves way for spyware to get install in system.
- Browser Add-ons: Piece of software which usually distribute which add for enhancement for browser, like additional toolbar, search box leads to paves way for malware threat to get in your system and browser and arise more of different problems.
Aftermath of www.onclicktop.com on PC
You can detect the presence of www.onclicktop.com in the system by its weird behavior. Once gets installed, you will not be able to complete your normal task. It is designed in such a way which can hijack the PC by performing changes in the default privacy or security settings. Some of the common symptoms are mentioned below:
- Misguides the surfing session of the users to unreliable sites for increasing their network traffic.
- Installs its own extension in the Google Chrome, plug-ins in Internet Explorer, add-ons in the Mozilla Firefox.
- www.onclicktop.com carries ability to gain the credential data of the users related to bank account, passwords etc.
- Conducts alterations in browser settings, search engine, DNS configurations, Host file system etc.
- Damage the registry entries of the compromised PC.
- Downloads dangerous potential stuffs in bundles if you download any free software without reading its EULA (End User License Agreement).
- Floods the screen by showing unwanted pop ups, advertisements, commercial ads etc.
- Presence of www.onclicktop.com will slow down the running speed of various functions of the PC including Internet connection.
- Records the surfing history, cookies, Geo-location of the compromised PC and send them to the third parties.
How to Uninstall www.onclicktop.com from Control Panel from Windows 10
- Click and Open Start Menu option
- Settings option is to be selected on the menu to show all the contents
- Click on System option
- On the system Menu, Click on Apps and features option
- Now Click on www.onclicktop.com to remove it from PC.
How to Eliminate www.onclicktop.com from Windows 8/8.1
Step 1: Press repeatedly F8 to boot PC in Safe Mode. Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Press ALT+Ctrl+Del to open Windows Task Manager. After that, search all the www.onclicktop.com related processes and then click to “End Task”
Step 3: Type “regedit” in Run dialog box and open Windows Registry Editor. Search and delete all the corrupt registries added by www.onclicktop.com infection.
Step 4: Go to Start and then click to open Control Panel.
After that, click Add/Remove Program
Uninstall www.onclicktop.com associated programs from Windows 8/8.1
Uninstall www.onclicktop.com From Window 7/vista
Tap on F8 Key to Enter Safe Mode
Restart PC and select “Safe Mode with Networking”
First of all close all running programs and open Task manager by pressing ALT + CTRL + DEL keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
Now Click on Processes menu and select all the processes associated with www.onclicktop.com one by one then click on End Task.
Now go to the desktop, click on Start Menu on the left lower corner. Move to Control panel and use left mouse click over it.
The Control panel window will open, if are getting the view by Category find and click “Uninstall a program” below “Programs” group.
Now select www.onclicktop.com within programs list and click on Uninstall.
Steps to Eliminate www.onclicktop.com from Windows XP
Step 1: Restart PC in Safe Mode by continuously pressing F8 button. After that, select “Safe Mode with Networking”.
Step 2: Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del together. After that, find and select all the www.onclicktop.com associated processes and then click to “End Task” button.
Step 3: Open Run dialog box and then enter “regedit.exe” to open Windows Registry. Search and then delete all the corrupt and infectious registries added by www.onclicktop.com.
Step 4: Click Start button and then go to Control Panel, click to open Windows Add/Remove Program. Search all the www.onclicktop.com related programs and then uninstall it from Windows XP.
How to Uninstall www.onclicktop.com From Your Infected Browser
A. Guidelines to Remove www.onclicktop.com From Microsoft Edge Browser
How to Reset Default Search Engine to Uninstall www.onclicktop.com
Select Settings after selecting More (…) on the address bar
Click and select on View advanced settings option
In order to input the search engine, Click on <Add new> under option”Search in the address bar with”
Select Search engine and adds as default by clicking on Add as default option.
How to Reset Default Homepage on Microsoft Edge to Uninstall www.onclicktop.com
- Select More (…) option on the address bar followed by settings
- Select specific page or pages under Open with option
- After selecting the Custom option, enter the URL of the homepage you wish to set as
B. How to Delete www.onclicktop.com from Google Chrome
Click to Open Google Chrome and then click on menu icon which is on the top right corner and then select Tools → Extensions
Select all the malicious extensions including www.onclicktop.com and then select trash icon
Again click on menu icon and select Settings and then click to Manage Search Engines under the Search section
In Search Engines, remove all the infectious search sites and set Google Chrome as Default Browser
C. How to Uninstall www.onclicktop.com From Mozilla Firefox
Launch Mozilla Firefox and find and click “Firefox” button on the top left corner on the screen.
A drop down box will appear, navigate to Add-ons option and click on it.
In the next window select and click on “Extensions” in left pane.
Find www.onclicktop.com add-on and click on the center area to see the border exactly and click on Disable button.
Wait a moment and let the add-on get disabled.
Now click the “Remove” button, later on uninstall the add-on Mozilla will ask you to restart the browser.
D. How to Remove www.onclicktop.com From Internet Explorer
First of all Launch Internet explorer by clicking the Task-bar Icon on desktop.
Now Click on Tool Menu on web browser interface.
Select and click on Manage add-ons in the drop down box.
A View and manage your Internet Explorer Add-ons window will open, now click on “Toolbar and Extensions” option in left pane.
A list of all installed ad-ons will appear, select www.onclicktop.com and click on “Disable” button and Reset IE
Guidelines to Remove www.onclicktop.com with Automatic Removal Tool
www.onclicktop.com Removal Tool is one of the best-selling software available in the market and provides full protection to your PC against www.onclicktop.com. The tool is certified by the West Coast Lab’s Checkmark Certification System. It is designed with latest technology and helps you to remove www.onclicktop.com along with all its related files from the infected PC. The tool uses powerful scanning algorithm so as to detect and delete www.onclicktop.com. The Automatic Removal Tool offers you 2 way protection. As, software update its database regularly and provide complete protection to your system. Also, it is capable enough to identify and delete even the newly designed threats. It offers you 24X7 tech-support for free so that whenever required you can take help of the computer experts.
Automatic removal tool comes up with unique features like System guard, Network Sentry and Scan Scheduler. It also offers you to download the demo version for free. The tool is easy to use and provides you graphical user interface. Thus, what are you waiting for simply use an automatic removal tool and remove www.onclicktop.com from your Windows PC in just few simple clicks. It is compatible with all the earlier and latest version of Windows operating system.
Automatic www.onclicktop.com Removal Tool: Let’s Get Started
Step 1: First of all download and install the Automatic www.onclicktop.com Removal Tool. Click on ‘Scan Computer’ now button to detect www.onclicktop.com and all other threats that are present in your PC.
Step 2: Custom Scan – It help you to scan particular section such as memory files, cookies, registry entries, rootkit scan and system memory.
Step 3: System Guard – It block the malicious entry and other executable processes performed by the threats. It also protect the Process control, Registry section and Active X control.
Step 4: HelpDesk – It is an unique feature comes with an automatic www.onclicktop.com removal tool. It provides you tech support like Custom Fix System and Support Ticket System, so that if required you can direct chat with the virus removal experts.
Step 5: Network Sentry- It provides protection to your system network and won’t allow unauthorized modification. It protect the DNS settings and HOST file.
Step 6: Scan Scheduler – This feature helps to scan the PC even if you are not present. In simple words, you can set a time on daily, weekly or monthly basic and your system automatically scan at the pre-set time.